Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week of May 23

This week I feel like I have So much to write about but will try to condense it as much as possible. I wrote last week about my 2 friends Adrienne and Rachel that came in, well this week a huge group of people from Huntsville Alabama (where they are from) and will be here for a week. There is 36 of them with most of them being teenagers from the high school Madison Academy and then a few of their parents. I actually was here last year around this same time and met lots of them then. They are all Super nice, Super hardworking and Super devoted to the children. They completely entertain the kids to the point of me almost feeling worthless haha but it's great because the kids are all getting complete attention.  They are building a new outhouse for the orphanage which is So great because the one the kids have now is So revolting that I can't even get within like 30 feet of it without wanting to vomit, seriously. Also, yesterday they dedicated the AMAZING school that they have funded to be built for the kids in the name of a woman named Peggy, (I had the pleasure of meeting last year) who had devoted herself to the orphanage for the last 7 years, and after returning from her trip home last year had died of complications from Malaria. It was a wonderful event in honor of her and the school is seriously the nicest school I have seen anywhere close to Hohoe, I really think it will make Such a difference in the kids getting a better education and will hopefully help the orphanage raise more money to support themselves.
Other than a very entertaining week at the orphanage, this week was great! One night after getting home from the orphanage, me, Beth, Adrienne and Rachel wandered into the open market and bought tomatoes, onion, garlic, avocado and pepper and went back to their hotel and made surprisingly delicious guacamole. We had no chips but ate it with bread/club crackers and it almost for a second felt like I was eating something from home. After Paul was done at the mechanic, he came over too and tried what we made and really liked it which gave me hope for him enjoying the food once we get to America :) Adrienne's cute mom also brought with her a package that my mom sent to us and Paul has loved the 3 action movies she sent, the kids at the house have Loved their bubbles and coloring books (nothing like that here) and we have enjoyed the easter candy as well. Also, Paul's friend Matthew went back to Canada this last week after spending a total of 11 weeks staying with us. The jeweler still doesn't have the rest of the gold to fix my wedding ring (after waiting for 3 months) but Paul told him that Monday is his last chance before we take it to someone else and he promised that he'd have it and also gave me a pair of really cool earrings to say sorry for taking so long. Paul's dad also took us to his farm today which is like humongous and is spread out all over these beautiful mountains. He and Paul worked on fixing the yam growing while Felix and I picked pepper, it was a fun experience for sure. It's been raining a ton here also which is great for the scenery, it's like So green here but it also brings out even more bugs and as of now I have 33 mosquito bites just on my legs and am so thankful that I brought anti-itch cream or I'm pretty sure I'd be miserable. I love Paul more and more everyday and am So grateful for all of our blessings that we have received. We have some exciting things to look forward to this coming week, which I don't want to say and jinx them actually coming true (the way things go here I wouldn't be surprised) so hopefully I will have a very happy report to blog about this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment