Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week Of May 2


     This last week was pretty great actually J  After 3 months of non-stop problems with our wretched excuse for a taxi... We are finally rid of it! Paul found a man in town and after 4 days of going back and forth, we successfully sold it. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders and although we lost too much money to even think about, we are not looking back for a second! 
     Also, my good friend Tina, who I met 2 years ago on my first trip to Ghana with CCS, came back for a whirlwind week trip and it was So good to see her again! She has a very successful business called Della and was here checking up on things. It was so fun to visit the headquarters, see her amazing seamstresses at work creating fabulous items out of the beautiful African fabrics and see all that she is accomplishing. She will be coming back in July for a whole month, and I can't wait!
      A really exciting thing for me too, is that I have officially reinstated myself at Eugemot Orphanage. One of the boys from there, visited Paul and I at the house and told us how much the kids miss me. We discussed the issues that had kept me away and he assured me that if I came back that evening, I would see that it had all been resolved. Paul and I went together and I had such a great time, honestly, I had almost forgotten how much I loved being there. My kids greeted me so warmly, and then took me on a tour of the whole place showing to me that all the work I had done over my total of 5 months volunteering there had truly made a difference for them. We pulled out a bunch of the storybooks that I had left the last trip, and read for quite a while. I went back the next day and went with the kids to the river where they bath, it's filthy water and most of them didn't even clean with soap but they had a great time swimming around. Last trip, I swam in that river and got really sick so this time, I decided to be a little more wise haha. I helped the kids collect the clothes that they left drying in the grass.We played a lot of cards, reminisced on old times and just laughed.  Going there, I felt again a burning in my heart that I only feel for those kids, and I feel like I'm back at the place I'm supposed to be to make a difference with my time here in Ghana.
     We also went hiking on Saturday to the upper falls at Wli with Paul's friend Matthew. I had done it before on my first trip to Ghana and had remembered it being pretty difficult but had made it okay. This time, on the way up, even my strong and perfectly in shape husband was asking if we could take breaks haha. At the top it was as beautiful and breathtaking as ever and the breeze from the splashing falls felt glorious. However, on the way down my legs literally would not do what I wanted them to do and were like seizing up but with Paul's encouragement and help, we eventually made it down haha I felt SO lame. We woke up today SO sore too that we are both hobbling around and taking turns trying to rub the tensenesss out of each other's legs haha we make quite the pair.
      I have No idea when we are going to get back to the U.S. but I’m really just learning to let go and put my faith in the fact that Heavenly Father does have a plan for us, and that it will all fall into place when it’s supposed to. In the meantime, I’m with Paul so what more could I really need?

No comments:

Post a Comment