Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week Of August 29

     I can't believe it but as of Monday, it has now been 2 years since I stepped foot in Ghana to volunteer with CCS. It is crazy to look back and think of how much my life has changed since then. I NEVER imagined I would end up marrying and living here but I know I am where I am supposed to be and I'm so grateful for all the blessings I have in my life.
     This week has been great. Although I love Ghanaian food with it's fufu, banku, endless amounts of rice, yam, groundnut soup, palmnut soup, light soup, and stew... I find that I am missing American food lately. Paul's mom has been doing her best to accommodate me and on Monday we found noodles similar to Top Ramen so I was put in charge of dinner for the family for the first time and added tomatoes, cabbage and carrots to the noodles, Paul's mom then added Cow and an unknown animal's meat (possibly antelope) and a lot of spices and called it good enough to serve. Paul's family liked it okay but I was thrilled and even saved leftovers (in a covered bowl so no cockroaches or ants could get inside) and ate it again the next day. Haha it really is the little things sometimes.
    Also this week, I was able to do another task for Della, my friends business that is run out of Hohoe and am happy to feel that I can atleast be of some service to her, she really is such a success. Paul also refixed the car yet again this week and it is now in complete working condition and is definitely on it's way out of our life forever. Paul's dad came this weekend (he has been travelling for a while) and I was able to speak with him finally about getting a job teaching. School resumes in 2 weeks and I am hoping to teach any grades K-3. He is the Regional Accountant for Education and so it shouldn't be a problem I hope... Well that's about all, until next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment