Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week of April 18

My week was full of frustrations with the car, (which is currently unstartable) and Paul's license, (which the officer at the office has mysteriously misplaced) and many other things, so I am just going to fast forward to the Holiday! I was really trying not to think about home but luckily, Celebrating Easter in Ghana was unlike any Easter experience I have Ever so my mind was kept busy. Paul's siblings except one were able to come to Hohoe to celebrate with us and it's been So fun having them here, I love the noise and the energy of family and it makes me feel a little more at home. Ghana is very Christian and Easter is Really celebrated. Last night at 3 in the morning there were people parading through the neighborhood playing drums and singing praises for the resurrection of Christ. There was also a goat brought to the house yesterday, to be slaughtered today... yes, slaughtered and it knew it was going to die because it was crying all night long. Paul has been shown since childhood how to kill a goat, so this morning he got up and built a fire at the side of the house. Then with the help of the two little boys, he tied the goat, dug a hole in the ground for the blood to pour and then I will just let you imagine the rest. After he killed the goat, his brothers then brought four roosters for him to also kill. It was amazing because he acted like it was no big deal, but for me (american girl who has Never before seen anything like that) I was shocked. He laughed saying that now I know where meat comes from instead of just going to a store and buying it in packaging haha and he's right. The rest of the day, was mellow because we both had a fever so mostly we just relaxed, read Luke 24, and then this evening went for a walk behind his house through beautiful farmlands to a river that I didn't know existed.
 Tomorrow is a holiday and his family ever year goes to Wli Waterfalls to swim and picnic and I'm really excited for that! I just am striving everyday to find the positives. All I can say is, I'm so happy that I have found my partner in life and with him everyday is a wonderful adventure and because of him I feel like the most blessed girl alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment