Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week of June 13


Since last week’s blog was FOREVER long, and we are now more limited on internet, I will just make this Super brief! I still have one friend left here from the UK named Beth and this week we made some Delicious banana bread, which no one has ever tried anything like it here and Paul’s family Loved it. She and I have also been having a Blast with the kids at the orphanage this last week, bless their little hearts. We didn’t hear any news on the resident permit, but we are hoping to have it by this coming week. The jeweler said he would bring the ring by on Friday night (he of course didn’t) but Saturday when we visited, he assured us that it “I Beg” it will be done by Monday night and he would bring it over, we shall see. The Honda is finally sprayed, the starter is fixed and we now have it up for sale. We want to get rid of it so that Paul can just get an ordinary job and stop hassling everyday with it, and we can get back (hopefully) most of the money that we have spent. Paul’s dad said too that I could get a job once I get my resident permit which will be So nice for me to be busy working in the mornings and then still being able to volunteer in the afternoons. Paul and I also lately have really been getting into playing "Kings In the Corner," our favorite card game which we play for the stakes of loser buys the other juice (for Paul) or soymilk. (for me)  Everyday, we just do the best we can and as we used to have on our quote board at CCS “T.I.A. Expect the Unexpected.”

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your blog! It is so fun to be able to keep up with Paul and get to know you through your writing. I miss Ghana so much and your blog brings back so many memories. Just remember that all of the difficult things that you are dealing with (ring, car, visa's, etc.) will all become things that you sorely miss once you are gone. Even so, you are handling all the ups and downs very well (or so it seems)...you have such a great attitude!
    Have you seen my Suzie Mother Care darling recently?

    Give EVERYONE my love. Alfa, George, Christine, Paul, Jojo...and all the others. My heart is still over there, and I will come back as soon as my sister is healthy again. I look forward to meeting you someday too! Please let me know if you or the orphanage needs ANYTHING from here. I would be happy to help however I can!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete