Sunday, February 13, 2011

First Month In Ghana Recap

Apology for the lack of writing, we've been unexplainably busy but I will improve I promise to writing atleast every couple weeks. The first 2 weeks I was here were spent basically with Paul and I just enjoying being back together after our 6 months apart! Then my mom and Sarah came and it was a whirlwind of fun, laughs and tourism traveling to the waterfalls, monkey sanctuary, kokrobite beach (where paul and I met), to the slave castle and to see Paul's family village. My dad came in a week and a half later to enjoy the wedding festivities Paul .and I were married in court on Friday, February 4 which we were a little unprepared for, not knowing exactly what would happen but we were husband and wife :) Sunday we were married in Paul's parents church, my dad walked and gave me away to Paul and we were happily married for the 2nd time. Both of my parents were in African apparel and Sarah was the Perfect maid of honor. It was a Huge celebration and was actually a lot of fun! We had a reception after at a really nice outdoor place and then drove with my family to Accra and they left back to the states Monday morning...:( We miss them a lot, it was a total blast having them. We started off our honeymoon at kokrobite but an opportunity arose to buy a superb taxi (which is our business venture) so we spent the week getting all the details figured out. Next week we will honeymoon FOR REAL :) We are just happily married though and working on finalizing our apartment to move in this coming week!

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! Congrats Annie and Paul!! Post pictures please!!! I love and miss you! Update alot! Love you snappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Annie! I am so happy for you and Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Annie and Paul! I can't wait to see pictures as well. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, I miss you so much- I wish I could just call you! I read your e-mail and I'm so happy to hear you guys are doing so well. Post some pictures! I love you so, so much!

    ReplyDelete